The health and wellness of northern peoples are the focus of the International Union for Circumpolar Health (IUCH). The IUCH is the only organization of its kind dedicated to health in the Arctic and Antarctic and brings together several organizations from the entire circumpolar region.
The five adhering bodies include:
- American Society for Circumpolar Health (ASCH)
- Canadian Society for Circumpolar Health (CSCH)
- Danish/Greenlandic Society for Circumpolar Health
- Nordic Society for Circumpolar Health (NSCH)
- The Russian Academy of Polar Medicine
Affiliated members include:
- Finnish Society of Arctic Medicine and Biology (ATBY)
- Icelandic Society for Arctic Medicine
- Circumpolar Health Research Network (CirchNet)
- Scientific Committee for Antarctic Research (SCAR)
- Swedish Society for Arctic Medicine
The World Health Organization is also represented on the IUCH Council.